Friday, March 8, 2013

March 8, 2013

Give me my props! I predicted right after the Super Bowl that Jacoby Jones would soon be appearing on Dancing With the Stars. However, only time will tell if my second prediction (that he won't be on there for long) was right.

Are they really your friends if you can't be yourself when you're with them? Or could it be that you don't like the person you are, either?

I love a positive perspective: the beauty of being in my generation is that I'm old enough to appreciate phonographs and vinyl and typewriters, but young enough to understand streaming audio and video and tablet computers.

A TV Guide journalist reporting on an altercation Chris Brown had with a parking valet (over $5!) began her story with the words "Don't get on Chris Brown's bad side." My question: where has she been?

I certainly don't want to add fuel to the belief in the power of Oprah, but after praising her voluptuousness in an interview last week, has anyone seen Terrence Howard? Anywhere? Call somebody, T; let us know you're okay.

The Hawaii Senate has passed an anti-paparazzi bill referred to as the Steven Tyler Act. Unlike the anti-paparazzi laws in California, which prohibits the endangerment of other people by paparazzi, the Hawaii bill is designed to prevent paparazzi photos that the subject considers embarrassing. This came after photos of a speedo-wearing Steven Tyler were published, and, according to him, caused family trauma. I know they made a number of people ill.

Okay, I'm only going to admit this once: I've been making fun of the recent aging boy bands trend (including the upcoming Backstreet Boys/New Edition/98 Degrees tour), but ever since Mark Wahlberg hinted that there may be a reunion of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, I haven't been able to get the song Good Vibrations out of my head. However, in retrospect, what made that song great was the music and the vocals of the late Loleatta Hathaway.

Entertainers like the rapper Drake, who threw $50,000 into the air at a North Carolina strip club, can reportedly write it off their taxes as an "Advertising or Publicity" expense. Ah, what people do for the economy.

Another consequence of tampering with creation: transgender extreme fighter Fallon Fox may not be able to fulfill her dream of becoming a UFC fighter because she wants to fight women, but has only been a woman for 6 years, following gender reassignment (how arrogant is that term at the age of 30.

There is tragedy in every terminal illness diagnosis, but the announcement of Valerie Rhoda Harper's brain cancer is hitting especially hard,especially after the death of Bonnie One Day at a Time Franklin's death from pancreatic cancer last week. So looking forward to the day prophesied at Isaiah 33:24: "No resident will say, 'I am sick.'"

Agape' - P

No comments:

Post a Comment