Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1, 2013

March 1: Black History month is over. But I'm just not ready to be disrespected, mistreated or forgotten for another eleven months.

I was listening to a story about famous DJ Afrojack totaling a $240,000 Ferrari one hour after purchasing it when I realized that the number of us who remember when the most famous DJ's were on the radio is dwindling. That made me sad.

Rihanna filed a restraining order against an obsessed fan who mistakenly broke into her neighbor's house instead of hers. Although a lot of people are disappointed that the restraining order was not against her boyfriend Chris Brown, isn't it gratifying to learn that she knows how to file a restraining order? At least, when she wants to.

Celebrity financial whiz Suze Orman was talking about Rob Kardashian's recent weight gain when she noted that people tend to lose money when they put on the pounds. Certainly explains a lot in my life.

The world's oldest marathon runner, 101-year-old British-based Indian runner Fauja Singh, has been excluded from the Guinness Book of World Records because he cannot produce a birth certificate. Now does everyone see the value in documentation?

The company behind the Girls Gone Wild video empire filed for bankruptcy this week. Before everybody in favor of family entertainment starts their happy dance, may I remind you that General Motors once filed for bankruptcy, too.

I have advice for R&B bad boy Bobby Brown (that makes a good tongue twister, huh?), who was recently sentenced to 55 days in jail and 4 years probation after a third DUI arrest: hire Lindsay Lohan as an advisor. Not only is she still not in jail after violating her probation last June with a car crash that involved alcohol (and she just rejected a sweet deal to go to rehab instead of jail), but she could really use some money. Win, win!

Authorities have reported finding horsemeat in frozen "beef" meatballs sold in 13 Ikea furniture stores. Thankfully, I've avoided this problem by buying my meatballs at a grocery store.

A black family (whose surname is also Black) is suing Disneyland after an employee in a rabbit costume refused to allow either of the two children in the family to touch him/her. The news report did not reveal the race of the person in costume, but the rabbit reportedly then welcomed hugs from nearby white children. I don't think I'd want some possible plushie hugging onto my kids. But this was Black History month!

The FAA is investigating a video of an airplane full of passengers doing the Harlem Shake at 30,000 feet. Their concern is that doing such dancing while in the air is dangerous. Meanwhile, I am so behind. I just mastered gangnam style!

Agape' -- P


No comments:

Post a Comment