Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013

Okay, I get the tradition of the "Oops, I coulda had a V8" head pop, but, seriously, how much confidence do you have in your product if you have to bang people in the head to get them to try it?

I agree that Alec Baldwin is now being set up by the papparazzi, but he only has himself to blame.

I liked the work producer Dean Hargrove did twenty-five years ago, breathing new life into the careers of mature actors like Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke, and Tom Bosley, casting them as amateur detectives. I can't imagine what stars today could continue that trend

I totally agree that the 'n' word is offensive. What I don't get is why some people don't understand that it's more offensive when used by certain people.

It's so ironic that I watch more movies than I do sports, but I make a bigger deal about Super Bowl Sunday and couldn't care less about Oscar Sunday.

Among the items Jesse Jackson Jr. purchased with the $700,000 he admitted to stealing from his campaign funds are a football autographed by two presidents, a guitar once owned by Eddie Van Halen, and a fedora once owned by Michael Jackson. For an embezzler, he sure was a savvy shopper.

I don't know what news item struck me as funnier: Octomom, single mother of 14, being approved for medical marijuana to treat anxiety, or convicted murderer Drew Peterson's disclosure that he took public image advice from the same advisor who worked for convicted ex-governor Rod Blagojevich. It's weird, laughing out loud at newscasts.

Lay's potato chips has selected three proposed new flavors, one of which will become part of its permanent product line in May. The flavors are sriracha, cheesy garlic bread, and chicken and waffles. Finally, a news item I can care about!

Recording artist Rihanna suffered a scraped knee outside a London nightclub when an angry fan threw a bottle at her. The fan was reportedly upset with Rihanna's decision to reconcile with her previous attacker, Chris Brown. How bizarre is it to respond to Rihanna with more violence?

South African spirit runner Oscar Pistorius testified in court that he shot and killed his girlfriend after mistaking her for an intruder after hearing her in the bathroom during the night; it wasn't until he realized she wasn't in bed next to him that he realized his mistake. A judge granted him bail after deciding it was not premeditated murder. However, do you think anyone will ever share a bed with him again?

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment