Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8, 2013

Maybe if more of us thought before we spoke, fewer of us would respond to us with sarcasm. I know it'd give me a break.

Betty White had her 2nd annual 90th birthday on NBC this week. Do you have to be 90 to revisit your age? Because I'd love to see my 20's again.

Enjoyed SuperBowl 47 this week (btw, I know it's tradition, but the roman numerals are getting annoying), from the coin toss to the halftime show to the Destiny's Child reunion to the 49'ers almost comeback from behind to the Ravens' should-not-have-been-so close victory. Can't help wondering what happened during the 30-minute power blackout that either woke up the 49'ers or sedated the Ravens. I figure there'll be a lot of small talk at the next Harbaugh family dinner, huh?

What I would have loved to see: Papa Harbaugh offering 49'ers coach Jim Harbaugh a Lifesaver after the game.

Who I was rooting for: Beyonce. I don't know anyone in either San Francisco or Baltimore. I have loved ones in Cleveland, but I don't know how they feel about the Ravens. But I would have hated it had Beyonce's voice cracked during the halftime show.

Prediction #1: Jacoby Jones will appear on an upcoming Dancing With the Stars. Prediction #2: he won't be there long.

Was it just me, or were most of the SuperBowl commercials this year not very impressive?

Speaking of SuperBowl commercials #1: I find it ironic that all the cries of racism about the VW ad (where the white guy who owns a VW speaks with a Jamaican accent) are coming from people who aren't Jamaican.

Speaking of SuperBowl commercials #2: I could have been in that Calvin Klein underwear commercial, but everybody decided to go a different way.

As soon as the SuperBowl was over, apparel emblazoned with the slogan: Baltimore Ravens, SuperBowl XLVII Champions went on sale. So how do they recoup the money spent making apparel announcing that the 49'ers were SuperBowl 47 Champs? Maybe that's why the Ravens apparel costs twice as much.

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment