Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013

Not that I needed the self-esteem boost, but guess what I discovered after slobbing peanut butter off my finger? I taste great!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month; I know that every little bit helps, but along with choosing to buy a product or service that will donate a small percentage of its profit to research, how about skipping on the purchase and donating the entire cost yourself?

This isn't a political statement, but it amuses me that the administration made a point of announcing that, during the government shutdown, no interns will be in the west wing of the oval office, possibly because of what happened the last time.

One of the scheduled events that has been cancelled because of the government shutdown is a rally for the Klu Klux Klan scheduled for a Gettysburg national park. Some have expressed surprise that the KKK is still around; some aren't surprised at all.

AMC movie theaters has announced that federal employees who are on the unpaid furlough because of the government shutdown will be able to get a free small popcorn at their theaters. While they said buying a movie ticket is not necessary, how many people are going to travel to the movie theater just to get a free small popcorn?

I don't get that people are surprised that Miley Cyrus has admitted that her antics are a calculated bid for attention. I thought that was obvious. Personally, I'm just turned off by the message that infamy is better than good taste. But that's just me.

Yet another note to Justin Bieber: not only is having your bodyguards carry you up the Great Wall of China way disrespectful, but it way contradicts your "I'm a tough guy" image campaign.

A Montana man's dog ate five $100 bills. The owner waited days, analyzed his pet's poop, collected the soiled, shredded fragments, washed them, dried them, pasted them together, mailed them to the U.S. Treasury (imagine the person who opened that envelope), and was reimbursed with a $500 check. While I am certainly happier that I don't have any bills for my dog to eat, I can't help wondering how much money my dog would have to eat for me to go through that. How about you? By the way, the owner was quoted as actually saying, "It was great to get the check after all the crap I went through."

It's like washing your car to make it rain; the moment you start to feel compassion for a person with so little character that they repeatedly hurt you, they do it again. But you're in good company; it happens to Jehovah, too.

Did you know that there's an annual festival in Massachusetts celebrating marshmallow Fluff, and a movement to get the Fluffernutter named the state sandwich? I hate feeling left out of news that really matters!

Agape' -- P




No comments:

Post a Comment