Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11, 2013

A revised edition of The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures using even more modern English has been released to enhance understanding scripture. It boggles my mind that some are critical of translating scripture into the complex English language, but don't want to learn Hebrew and Greek.

During an appearance on The Jimmy Kimmel Show this week, Kanye West explained that he understands that paparazzi has to earn a living, but "Don't try to antagonize me. It's not safe for you in this world." Maybe that isn't the best statement to make on national TV while being prosecuted for assaulting a photographer. Ironically, he also proclaimed that he's a genius.

During his warning to the paparazzi, Kanye warned them, "Don't act like you don't know I'm from Chicago." I'm also from Chicago; now I understand why the paparazzi never bothers me. It all makes sense now!

Okay, I'm not proud of this, but my initial reaction to the news that Lindsay Lohan wants to open her own rehab facility was the same as a lot of people: "What, is she high?"

The day after conducting a detailed reconnaissance trip at the Minnesota-St. Paul International Airport, a 9-year-old boy successfully stowed away on a flight to Las Vegas. All I can remember about my ninth year was sixth grade, Schoolhouse Rock, and spending an occasional Saturday with my dad on his second job. I feel like such an under-achiever.

Speaking of air safety, 56% of the commercial pilots recently surveyed by the BBC admitted to falling asleep in the cockpit mid-flight. But that didn't disturb me as much as the 29% who said they woke to find their co-pilots asleep as well!

Chris Brown is reportedly defending Justin Bieber, insisting the young singer is a victim of reverse racism, and being criticized just because he hangs out with black people. My initial reaction was the same as a lot of people: "Really?"

Okay, I'm really working on my self-restraint right now. I will not make fun of the friends who know that I have voicemail instead of an answering machine, yet still leave messages saying, "Are you there? Pick up the phone!" But you know who you are.

A number of people (granted, not a large number) were surprised by the news that reality TV celebrity couple Bruce and Kris Jenner, after 20+ years of marriage, have separated. Bruce reportedly moved out in June; speculation is that Kris only recently noticed.

A homeowner and his wife are being threatened with legal action by the parents of a teenage girl who became pregnant by another guest during an unsupervised house party where alcohol was readily available. While homeowners are indeed culpable for what goes on in their home, this just demonstrates what happens when there are more lawsuits than morals.

Agape' -- P






No comments:

Post a Comment