Friday, May 3, 2013

May 3, 2013

I know I'm officially unhip, because I think twerking makes you look like you're having a seizure on a toilet... without the toilet.

A New Hampshire man is accusing carnival owners of rigging a game when he, after losing $300 trying to win an Xbox Kinect, went home to get his life savings ($2300!), and lost it as well. I haven't decided what makes me sadder, that news footage shows he has a toddler to support, that he did win a man-sized stuffed banana with dreadlocks, or that he could have bought an Xbox Kinect for about $250.

In case you have not heard the news, Washington Wizards center Jason Collins set the world on its ear this week with the announcement that he is indeed black.

I tried again this week, but I still haven't been able to eat pudding without smiling. I haven't given up, though; I will keep trying, just for all of you, and the pursuit of science.

The president of McDonald's reports that the fast food chain is exploring the feasibility of making the breakfast menu available all day. While I'm in favor of that, I'd be more impressed if they would find a way to have my order ready so that I don't have to leave the drive-thru and wait.

I don't do holidays, but I sometimes wonder if July 4 is as big a deal in Mexico as Cinco de Mayo is in the U.S.

I guess you're never too old to learn. I discovered this week that I've been misspelling Albuquerque for years. Thankfully, I haven't used it much.

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have been getting criticized for renewing their vows in a lavish Disneyland ceremony to celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary. Having never been married, even I know it's a rookie mistake, setting the bar so high this early in a marriage. But what I don't get is, if they could spend $200,000 on this celebration, couldn't they have hired a DJ, instead of the groom having to do it himself?

There are times when I think a pinata full of anti-depressants would be a great gift.

I think more people would have dogs if they could all be trained to do this.

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment