Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6, 2012

If you really don't remember if you just prayed, pray, pray again. Too much is never enough.

I recently asked a woman what was her favorite cuisine. She proceeded to tell me how much she paid for her shoes. I repeated my original question. I'm really trying to understand how I was being rude.

I don't want to live like a turtle. I don't hate turtles. It's not my place to judge turtles, or anyone who's turtle-friendly. But by not embracing turtles, some turtles have labelled me intolerant or turtle-phobic. How ridiculous is that?

I get that Katy Perry and Justin Beiber have produced autobiographical films to strike while the irons are hot, but isn't it rather early in their respective careers?

Yes, you can love someone you don't know. For example, I never met the person who invented the Slurpee.

I really think it's eerie, ironic, and a little cruel that there isn't a simpler word for illiterate.

I just watched someone play beer pong. I'd never seen the game played before, and I'm wondering if it isn't a ripoff of Bozo's Circus' Grand Prize Game.

Question about the bro-hug: is it a gesture of genuine affection, or the cop-out move of the genderly insecure?

Olympian Michael Johnson's statement that AfricanAmericans are genetically superior athletes because of slavery is supported by the same scientific authority that says the intricate, complex universe formed out of a random explosion in space. By the way, none of them ever watched me in high school phys ed; they might have reconsidered.

The death of Andy Griffith this week will mean I'm one person (Ron Howard) away from the same eerie feelihg when I watch reruns of the Andy Griffith Show that I get from I Love Lucy reruns.

Agape'-- P

No comments:

Post a Comment