Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012

Congratulations to my cousin Cassandra Smiley Dority and her man, my new cousin Emerson Dority, on their marriage this past Saturday!

I have to admit, I'm a wee bit amused at the sudden uproar people are having about the increased teenage interest in the controversial book 50 Shades of Grey. The same people who have been discussing and indirectly promoting this book all over the media are actually surprised that kids are curious?

There has been controversy about the villainous character Bane in the upcoming Batman movie, suggesting it's a subliminal assignation of Bain Capital, a firm co-founded by one of the presidential candidates. Nevermind that the villain Bane has been a comic book character long before this campaign began, but Bane even appeared in the film Batman and Robin, 15 years ago. My basic fundamentals already keep me uninvolved in politics, but this is stupid.

It may sound like a fortune cookie, but it's good advice: beware people who won't answer a yes/no question with either yes or no.

A common trait among obviously condescending people? Fat lips. Think about it.

A man was arrested at a Georgia Walmart after he convinced a young woman to let him suck her toe in exchange for paying for her merchandise. His victim agreed because he told her he was recording the act for America's Funniest Videos. Around this time last year, Arkansas police were looking for a man who'd approach women posing as a podiatrist, and asking to suck their toes. At least the guy in Georgia had a more believeable approach, right?

Remember that extremely annoying guy who dressed up as an old man and got on everybody's nerves dancing like a goof in those excruciatingly creepy commercials for Six Flags? I miss him.

They forgave her for pretending to be someone she wasn't when she started being the person they thought she was.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woollen mitens... I got none of that. But I got pudding! It's all good.

I have discovered that, because of my hatred of being lied to, and my love of seeing my name in print, the only things keeping me from a career in journalism are energy and a degree.

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment