Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9, 2013

I got a seriously mean look earlier today, because I saw a stranger carrying a really cute toddler wearing a bright pink jumper and long braids decorated in barrettes, and I said, "She is adorable." Turns out the kid's name was Nathan.

Switzerland has issued a formal apology to Oprah, who was denied a closer look at a $40,000 purse because the store clerk assumed she couldn't afford it. How big must you be to get a formal apology from a whole country?

A New Hampshire woman who was pulled over for speeding avoided a $200 ticket by telling the officer she was racing to see her dying father. Now she faces thousands of dollars in fines, because the police found out that her father died five years ago. Sometimes the right things do happen.

From now on, when life serves me lemons, I'll try to think of what happened to this guy.

ABC news editor Don Ennis, who began gender reassignment medical procedures a few months ago, now says he's reversing the procedure, because he was suffering from some form of amnesia, and is not a woman trapped in a man's body after all. See what happens when people think they have a choice?

Paula Deen has reportedly turned down an invitation to compete on Dancing With the Stars. While some have suggested that this was a bad move, because she could improve her image, given her views, I think she may not believe she has rhythm?

A lot of legitimate news airtime was devoted to Beyonce's new haircut. No wonder a lot of people think reality TV is real.

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, who faces charges of several counts of sexual harassment, reportedly wanted to use city funds to pay his legal fees. Now that took nerve.

Isn't being excited about your partner's jealousy more narcissistic than romantic?

I know that finishing my plate doesn't do a thing to help starving people, but eating when I'm full isn't good for my waist. So, the perfect compromise: smaller plates. Not only does it waste less food, but at least in my case, it cuts down on second helpings, since I'm lazier than I am gluttonous.

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment