Friday, January 11, 2013

January 11, 2013

The worst part about having the flu this week is that almost everybody else has it, so nobody wants to listen to me complain.

I may be nitpicking, but I think fried chicken restaurants should at least offer chicken gravy for their mashed potatoes.

I'm not sure which fascinates me more, that people unconcerned about the influence of Justin Bieber on their underage children are blaming his marijuana use on the influence of his peer Lil Twist, or that a former Bieber bodyguard, also a former Israeli Army soldier, claims that the (maybe) 150-pound Bieber beat him up.

Charlie Sheen has called out Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who's downplaying their New Year's Eve partying as nothing more than an brief photo op. Is this news? Not really. But it's rather smarmy to lie about someone else just to change perceptions about yourself.

I understand collecting action figures based on hero/fantasy movies; I have an action figure of Wolverine from the X-Men around here somewhere (and I was an adult when I bought it). Thus, I'm not surprised that someone decided to sell action figures based on the characters from the movie D'Jango Unchained; nor am I surprised that people are extremely offended by this.

The Guthrie theatre in Minnesota has designated a section of balcony seating "Tweet seats". For half the price of a regular ticket, those in these seats can use their smartphones during performances without disrupting fellow patrons. The times, they are a-changin'.

I really don't think anyone is going to avoid the latest GQ magazine because the cover photo of Beyonce was photoshopped.

An aggressive drunk who began attacking his fellow passengers on an international New Year's Eve flight was subdued by his fellow passengers and bound with duct tape until the end of the flight, where he was taken into police custody. My question is, who travels with that much duct tape on New Year's Eve, and why?

Kudos to Miss Alabama Katherine Webb, whose sensible defense of sportscaster Brent Musburger (after the media skewered him for referring to her as beautiful) makes her even more attractive.

I apologize if this week's blog is more newsy than insightful, but I spent more of this week coughing, suffering, and sleeping than I did actually thinking.

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment