Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012

Anybody can be themselves. Being who you're supposed to be is better.

I find it totally hilarious that Stephanie Pratt's boyfriend, who is such an unknown that he's referred to in the news as "Stephanie Pratt's boyfriend", thinks he's such a celebrity that he defies a police officer who's writing him a ticket, and gets arrested for driving over the officer's foot! I also find it totally ironic, because, if not for this story, I couldn't care less who this guy is. I don't even care who Stephanie Pratt is.

Whenever I hear some "expert" shelling out common sense advice, I'm annoyed for a moment. Then I remember the number of people who have to be reminded not to text and drive, and I realize that common sense isn't as common as it used to be.

Say what you will about Joan Rivers' publicity stunt (selling copies of her book on the street outside Costco, who won't sell it), the savvy comedienne got a lot of free publicity, and managed to sell 100 books. And I must agree with her sentiment: people who buy cases of toilet paper are going to need something to read.

Footloose, Total Recall, Sparkle... I still say I'm too young for movies made in my lifetime to be remade. Sunrise, sunset...

Owners of unreliable GPS systems, don't despair; did you know that it isn't uncommon for planes to land at the wrong airport?

I get a real kick out of reruns of the Batman TV series from the '60s... I think it's because, when I was a kid, I had no idea how funny it was.

It's odd that actors get most of the credit for a good production, when it's really a synergy between actors, writers, directors, etc. For every Cosby, there's a Leonard, part 6.

While I'm very impressed that LifeAlert's statistics show they save a life every 11 minutes, it's disturbing to realize there's a life in danger every 11 minutes.

One of the most fascinating things about the human psyche is its ability to fool itself.

Agape' - P



No comments:

Post a Comment