Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22, 2013

I love women. The two most important people in my life are women. Therefore, I disagree with the often-made, chauvinistic assumption that cranky women are just hormonal; I live with two women who are WAY beyond the stage of hormonal misdirection... yet they sometimes wake up cranky... and even downright evil.

Okay, what does it mean that the approval rating of Toronto mayor Bob Ford went UP after a video surfaced of him smoking crack cocaine in a past drunken stupor?

I don't know which is more disgusting, that traces of both cocaine and the herpes virus were found on library copies of 50 Shades of Grey, that it must have been anticipated in order for health authorities to look for them, or that people weren't anticipating it when they borrowed the book. I guess reading is more than fundamental.

Even with many vendors donating their services, the city of San Francisco spent $105,000 last week, turning an area of the city into a replica of Gotham City, to fulfill the wish of 5-year-old leukemia patient Miles Scott, a/k/a "Batkid", to be a superhero. Some have suggested that, since Miles' cancer has gone into remission, his wish should not have been fulfilled. So, would they rather his cancer get worse?

Chris Brown's early exit from anger management rehab makes me wonder: how do you measure success in anger management rehab? Tick the patient off and see how he reacts? Now, it has been revealed that he was kicked out of the rehab facility after he responded to his mother's suggestion that he needed counseling by throwing a rock through her car window. You know I love irony.

DeskBeers is a British company that will deliver beer to business offices on Friday; the concept is to "increase efficiency and improve creativity." Not having such a service here in the U.S., I had to try this on my own. But my results were different; maybe I did it wrong?

Respect is not a requirement for love. But it is a requirement for friendship.

A Brazilian woman who offered to sell her virginity last year for $800,000 has raised the price to $1,500,000. I didn't study marketing, but isn't the price of something that isn't selling supposed to go DOWN?

Since being acquitted after the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman has had a number of altercations with police. This week, he was arrested for threatening his girlfriend with a shotgun. Something tells me he'll be the subject of public scrunity until he's in prison. Something also tells me it'll just be a matter of time.

I've always wanted the specs on The Jeffersons' cookware; I never knew anyone so rich that "fish don't fry in the kitchen" or "beans don't burn on the grill." Have you?

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment