Friday, September 21, 2012

September 21, 2012

It feels great to be loved. It feels great to be appreciated. To be both is amazing.

I'm all for giving quality food to dogs, but it's hard to remain enthused knowing they don't mind drinking out of toilets. Speaking of which, do you think dogs resent us when they see what we do in their big porcelain water dishes?

The commercial that made me laugh out loud this week is the Jetta commercial where the guy has to carry his bulldog around all day because the dog swallowed his keys. Love it!

I'm getting over a miserable cold this week, and it made me realize I haven't had a cold in years. So I really won't complain about it.

Last year, I watched a TV segment where celebrity chef Jamie Oliver ground, breaded, and fried chicken fat, skin, and bones to show a group of children how easy it is to make chicken nuggets out of them. To his dismay (and my horror), the kids still wanted to eat them! Meanwhile, I can't look at a chicken nugget without wondering. Thanks a lot, Jamie.

At facechairs.com, you can buy a custom made chair with a picture of a celebrity printed on the seat for the price of $950. I've said it before, I'll say it again: some things are so stupid, I don't need to write a joke about it.

Father/daughter dances and mother/son baseball games have been banned in the Cranston, Rhode Island school district because they are in violation of the state's laws against gender discrimination. Perhaps they'd be okay with father/son dances and mother/daughter baseball games?

While I appreciate the value of a good impression, I think a lot of fundamental qualities of individuals are overlooked when people make immediate assumptions about each other.

If I find an actor particularly excellent in one role and totally repulsive in another, does that mean he's a gifted actor?

Survival is something to be thankful for. But it's unhealthy to make hardship your identity.

Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment