Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22, 2012

Thinking before you speak is truly an act of love. The wrong word from a loved one can do more damage than a fist from an enemy.

Don't tell me it hurts you more than it hurts me unless you can prove it.

Spite is not the ideal motivator, but it's pretty effective in a pinch.

Sometimes you suffer through pain so you have cred to help someone else with the same pain.

I'm sorry if I get too familiar with the people at the resorts, hotels, and cruise lines who are just trying to do their jobs. I blame the Love Boat; they're the ones who taught us we'd be making lifelong pen pals out of Issac, Gopher, and Julie McCoy.

Finding out you didn't see the squirrel before you ran it over doesn't help the squirrel now, does it?

While parents have the primary responsibility for their children's behavior, they aren't the only influence. How many of us caved to peer pressure or mob mentality, and at least momentarily made choices we "weren't raised that way"?

I find it ironic that Charlie Sheen is starring in Anger Management, while Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin need it.

A San Antonio, Texas schoolteacher was fired for encouraging a slap attack from her class of 6-year-olds onto the class bully. Meanwhile, over $400,000 was raised for a Rochester, New York middle school bus monitor after a video of students cruelly bullying her (to the point of tears!) went viral. My childhood seems so far away.

I feel bad for Ann Curry, the Today show co-host who's allegedly being blamed (and fired!) for the show's recent drop in ratings, falling behind Good Morning, America. And that really surprises me, since I never watch either show.



Agape' -- P

No comments:

Post a Comment